Sunday, April 8

Re-assessment

Well, it's about a month later since I've last posted, and I'm 3 pounds heavier than I was before I went home with my parents to help during my dad's recovery. Although my dad is doing much better, I'm currently not working and he realized he could use an extra set of hands doing his farming business paperwork. So, now I'm working for my dad on his farm.

I'm in the cities this weekend for the Easter holiday, and I was sharing with my mother-in-law how difficult it has been to exercise (even with extra time on my hands) at my parents'. There isn't much accountability, and it is hard to resist my mother's homemade, high-calorie meals. She brought out her iPhone and showed me an application she had recently started using: Pedometer Ultimate. As a pedometer, it counts each step she takes, as well as distance, speed, and calories burned during an exercise.

I decided to give it a shot and walk around her house. I ended up walking a total of 2.1 miles and burned 153 calories! It certainly made me feel better after eating a large Easter lunch! I will probably use this app in the future when I go on outdoor runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment