Tuesday, June 14

Going the Distance

Wow. So, during my run this morning, I missed (or rather forgot) my landmark for turning back. I was mapping out so many different options this morning on Google maps that I just could not figure out where it was that I had planned to make the half-way point.

So, long story short, I ran almost twice as far as I was planning. 3 miles turned into 5.5 miles. It was a gorgeous morning for it though, despite the fact that my running partner, Baxter, had to stop on three different occasions to do his business. And a bug also flew into my eye.

Baxter in his run-with-Rachel backpack.
I was quite impressed that Baxter didn't slow me down as much as he usually does. But perhaps that's because I was slowing down too, the more I realized and became daunted by the fact that I had long missed my landmark.

I even forgot to stop my chronograph when I finally got back, but it took me about 55 to 60 minutes to run the 5.5 miles. Which means my mile average is somewhere between 10 and 10:54 minutes. Not too shabby for my first run in almost 3 weeks.

Pain Tracker:
  • left hip joint was pinching at beginning of run
  • right knee/thigh was tight mid run
  • right heel felt bruised near end of run

1 comment: