Thursday, June 30

The Boardwalk

Another morning where I just could not peel myself out of bed to go running. I told myself that I would go during lunch. Well, I went outside at lunchtime and there was no way I was going to bring myself to run in that weather. It must have been the hottest and most humid day so far this summer. So then I told myself I'd go running this evening after it cooled off a bit.

This evening, I didn't feel good. I've been having stomach problems for a few weeks now. I think it might have to do with my recent trip to Kenya...I've been seeing a travel doctor. Anyway, so, I finally started to feel up to go running but really wanted to run with someone. I really miss Baxter!

I begged Luke for about 20 minutes to go on a 3-mile run with me, even though he hates to run. He enjoys playing tennis far more! Finally, Luke compromised. He agreed to run 1 mile and walk the rest of the way. So, that is what we did. We walked down to the river then ran for about 1 mile along the river to the Science Museum where there is a light display. It was just getting dark enough to notice that the bulbs were lit. Then we walked back up hill and back home.

It was still really humid, and warmer than I would have liked it to be, but it was a gorgeous evening to spend on the "boardwalk" with Luke.

No comments:

Post a Comment