Friday, July 1

Some Motivation

Even though I just did some light running with Luke last night, I did some strength training right away this morning.

It was the only opportunity I knew I would have to exercise today, as Luke and I are boarding a plane in a few hours to Australia. It's his grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary, and they are flying us out for two weeks. It will be about a 24 trip from the MSP airport to the Sydney airport, so I definitely wanted to get up and move my body before all of that!

It should be interesting to see how I continue to exercise while I am away. I am wearing my gym shoes on the plane, and packing a resistance band and my Pilates DVDs.

This morning, I did my regular strength training routine. The only thing I changed was the number of reps for the LAT pulldown. I did 20, instead of 15. All are 15 reps and 2 sets unless otherwise noted:
  • Dumbbell Sumo Squat; 30 lbs
  • Straight Arm LAT Pulldown; 20 lbs, 20 reps
  • Push Up on Ball
  • Dumbbell Walking Lunge, Single Leg Balance, Dumbbell Lateral Raise; 5 lbs, 20 reps
  • Dumbbell Tricep Extension, Dead Bug Position; 5 lbs
  • Prone Ball Leg Curl
  • Dumbbell Bicep Curl, Wall Sit; 5 lbs, 20 reps
  • Side Lying Crunch on Ball

1 comment: