Monday, July 4

Treasure Hunt

After a 36+ hour trip to Port Douglas, Australia, I was very stiff. In fact, I thought it would be perfect to do some Pilates, but adjusting to the time change and family outings was what I did instead for the first day and a half in Port Douglas.

So, this morning, I decided to go for a run, but being that the sun rises a bit later than it does in Minnesota, and because I didn't want to run by myself in this new place, and didn't have anyone to run with because all of the relatives are spread out over a number of rooms, and I have no way of knowing who is awake (for one), and who would be interested in going on a run with me (2)...I decided to go to the resort's gymnasium to run on a treadmill.

Well, after jogging around the whole of the resort for about 10-15 minutes, I couldn't find the gym, so I went to the front desk to ask about it. They pointed me off to a path that leads to a nearby resort. It turns out they share a gym with a different resort.

I finally found the gym, but couldn't get in, as the path led me to the back of the gym. After climbing through a small forested area to get to the front of the gym, there were signs everywhere saying that it is mandatory to have a towel for health purposes. Well, I clearly didn't have a towel in hand when I asked our resort's front desk where the gym was, so that was a bit frustrating; that, in combination with the signs that said there was a limit to the treadmill use: 20 minutes.

Since it took me some time to find and jog to the gym, I decided to hop on the treadmill (without a towel) and run for a mile and a half, then jog back to my room at the resort. So, I still ended up working out for 30+ minutes, which is the important thing. Also, I feel great this morning! Rather than jet lagged in previous mornings.

Oh, and even though I've called this entry the "treasure hunt," calling that gym a "treasure" is quite the overstatement. It appears to have a nice selection of dumbbells, though, that I can perhaps utilize tomorrow for my strength training.

No comments:

Post a Comment