Friday, August 12

New Shoes

Earlier this week, I realized that I've put 280 miles on my Mizuno Waves. A pair of running shoes generally lasts between 300 and 400 miles, and it's a good idea to get a new pair at around the 200 mile mark so that you can keep in mind how a shoe is good repair is supposed to feel.

So, I went out and bought myself a pair of Nike Structure 14s. I have not been a fan of Nike in the past...mostly because they are a giant. But these shoes have tons of cushion, making them slightly heavier than my Mizunos.  Whatever can help slow me down and cushion my run so that I don't injure myself is a priority right now.

Here is a picture of my new shoes next to my old pair. I commented in the store to the salesperson that the color is really bold. She asked if that was a good thing. I told her that as a runner, whatever draws more attention to my feet, the better. Might as well show off and take pride in my sweaty efforts!

Gosh my ankles look thick in this picture...

Anyway, I broke in my new pair of shoes this morning on my usual circuit. Average mile time was 8:52...so much for slowing me down. That's the best time I've run since May!

Pain Tracker
  • Left foot arch; slight pain throughout...probably need to change cross in shoelaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment